Wendell & Magnolia Apartments Property Manager
The Road Home seeks employees that have a deep commitment to the mission of serving adults and families that are experiencing homelessness. The Wendell and Magnolia Apartments are Permanent Supportive Housing complexes that jointly provide housing for 97 formerly homeless individuals.
The Property Manager for these complexes works with tenants, staff and community partners to create a safe and participatory “housing first” environment. This position is responsible for the efficient management of these properties to satisfy the requirements of the ownership and tenants, to preserve and increase the value and integrity of the properties and to meet the financial objectives.
1. Establish good relationships with tenants, supportive service team members, and the community. Create a warm and positive apartment community that will support tenants for the long term.
2. Develop and implement innovative solutions to client problems. Coordinate with case management staff on the status of tenant accounts and behaviors that threaten tenancy.
1. Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with all applicable state and local laws, particularly regarding resident-landlord relations, all applicable OSHA regulations and fair housing laws. Ensure that all team members are familiar with and understand them.
2. Collaborate with the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City, Utah Housing Corporation and other partner agencies as needed on HUD programs and regulations with the LIHTC program.
3. Oversee the tax credit program reporting requirements to ensure program compliance, including reporting requirements and audits.
4. Supervise and support the Assistant Property Manager in rent collection, preparing statements and notices for non-payment of rent and other violations. Prepare and revise lease documents, re-certifications and other supporting documents to comply with industry requirements. Perform beginning inspections as to condition prior to leasing up of new properties and oversee staff in lease up process, support on site staff to ensure that units are being maintained according to HUD/LIHTC required housing quality standards.
5. Maintain required records and data. Prepare and present reports and statistical summaries as needed.
6. Oversee all aspects of property management to assure the property is well maintained and meets all funding requirements.
7. Oversee the eviction and rent process with staff and the attorney.
8. Collaborate with the Permanent Supportive Housing Supervisor and Case Managers to ensure that units are leased in a timely fashion by qualified applicants and lease violations are managed appropriately.
1. Support and supervise Assistant Property Manager, Resident Advocates and maintenance staff in maintaining 24-hour, seven day per week coverage and preserve and increase the value and integrity of the properties’ building maintenance and upkeep.
2. Supervise and direct appropriate training for staff to assure quality program delivery and a safe work environment.
1. Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget for the property as well as projections. Review operating budget monthly.
2. Work with the Accounting Department to assure compliance with applicable regulations. Ensure that rent and charges are collected and reports completed according to deadlines.
3. Prepare purchase orders and approve expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Analyze and make recommendations for vendor contracts to supervisor.
1. Coordinate with other community agencies, and communicate needs, problems, and suggestions to those agencies.
2. Maintain good relations with neighboring business owners and residents as well as the local community council.
3. Participate in appropriate outreach activities, including NAHRO, Utah Housing Coalition, Utah Apartment Association, Utah Housing Corporation and other organizations.
4. Other duties as assigned.
5. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Five years’ experience in property management required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong LITHC/Section 42 background preferred
• Tax Credit Compliance certification preferred
• Experience working with diverse populations preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work well with low-income families, individuals and with people with disabilities.
2. Knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regulations as they relate to housing programs for low income or elderly persons and people with disabilities.
3. Ability to work in a collaborative management setting.
4. Ability to work with staff in solving problems related to clients.
5. Ability to develop and maintain liaisons with various agencies and programs, and working well with other Housing agencies and related entities.
6. Flexible in responding to job demands to meet work needs, as well as ability to work well under stressful conditions.
7. Excellent writing and documentation skills.
8. Self-starter and self-directed.
9. Ability to accept direction from Supervisor.
10. Excellent organizational skills and strong computer skills.
11. Ability to work from a Trauma-Informed Care framework.
12. Familiarity with the Housing First philosophy.
13. Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
14. Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Ability to lift 15 pounds
Ability to sit, stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title Palmer Court Property Manager in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on this and other positions at The Road Home, visit https://theroadhome.org/careers-positions/.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Homelessness (7)
- Salt Lake City (15)
- Bachelors (7)
- Logan (1)
- Eating Disorder (1)
- Youth (10)
- PhD (2)
- PsyD (1)
- MFT (4)
- MSW (2)
- CMHC (11)
- Masters (11)
- Doctorate (1)
- LCSW (13)
- LMFT (5)
- CSW (10)
- ACMHC (3)
- CSW-I (1)
- Family (5)
- Midvale (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- Utah County (1)
- Wasatch County (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (4)
- West Jordan (3)
- Murray (4)
- Trauma (1)
- Children (4)
- South Jordan (2)
- Holladay (1)
- Ogden (2)
- CSAC (1)
- LCMHC (3)
- LSAC (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Group Therapy (1)
- Lehi (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Girls (2)
- Older Adults (1)
- Orem (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- Riverton (1)
- Bluffdale (1)
- Families (1)