Veteran's Case Manager
The Veteran’s Case Manager will work to ensure that any veteran living in homelessness in Salt Lake County is engaged and has access to housing resources. This position will ensure that men, women and families who have served our country and are living at The Road Home, on the streets or in a partnering shelter are supported as they overcome homelessness. This passionate selfstarter will work for an agency that is both the state’s largest nonprofit housing provider and the state’s largest homeless shelter where assistance is given to individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
1. Develop and work on housing goals with Veterans to ensure permanent housing. Provide direct case management, including crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem solving, agency and community resources utilization, and network building.
2. Work with partner agencies and provide referrals and linkages with community resources.
3. Document interactions in a timely manner after meeting with a client.
4. Collaborate with program supervisor in ensuring program fidelity, documentation accuracy, and intra-agency collaborations.
5. Attend weekly community collaborations meetings.
6. Other duties as assigned.
7. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
• Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
2. Previous work with Veterans preferred.
3. Ability to work with community partners.
4. Excellent writing and documentation skills.
5. Willing to be a proactive member of a team.
6. Self-starter and self-directed.
7. Ability to accept direction from Supervisor.
8. Excellent organizational skills and strong computer skills.
9. Must have a clean driving record and be insurable by our agency insurance carrier.
10. Ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
11. Strong belief in the housing first model.
12. Demonstrate awareness of, and sensitivity to, diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the Agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and culture heritages are particularly valued.
13. Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
• Must be able to drive agency vehicles, own transportation preferred
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title Veteran’s Case Manager in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reports to: Housing Supervisor
Position Status: Full Time, 40 hrs
Salary Range: $16.10/Hour to start
Location: Palmer Court
EEO Class: Professionals
FLSA Status: Exempt (at $17.10)
Shift: 40 hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Homelessness (7)
- Salt Lake City (15)
- Bachelors (7)
- Logan (1)
- Eating Disorder (1)
- Youth (10)
- PhD (2)
- PsyD (1)
- MFT (4)
- MSW (2)
- CMHC (11)
- Masters (11)
- Doctorate (1)
- LCSW (13)
- LMFT (5)
- CSW (10)
- ACMHC (3)
- CSW-I (1)
- Family (5)
- Midvale (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- Utah County (1)
- Wasatch County (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (4)
- West Jordan (3)
- Murray (4)
- Trauma (1)
- Children (4)
- South Jordan (2)
- Holladay (1)
- Ogden (2)
- CSAC (1)
- LCMHC (3)
- LSAC (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Group Therapy (1)
- Lehi (1)
- PC (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Girls (2)
- Older Adults (1)
- Orem (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- Riverton (1)
- Bluffdale (1)
- Families (1)