Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager
The Case Manager will work as part of our Housing Case Management Team to provide direct case management services to families who have moved out of homelessness and are living in housing in the community. This passionate self-starter will work for the state’s largest nonprofit housing provider and the state’s largest homeless shelter where assistance is given to individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to help people move out of homelessness and into housing in the community.
1. RRH CM will work with families just moving out of the shelter and assist in getting the family stabilized in their housing and community.
2. RRH CM will focus on housing and strengths-based practices to meet the unique needs of each family.
3. CM will be familiar with TANF, TBRA, and COC funding sources.
4. Provide client with program referrals and link to other community resources.
5. Provide direct case management to families, including: crisis management, ongoing assessment, goal setting, and problem solving.
6. Provide family with timeline for ending of rental assistance and working with family to prepare to pay fair market rent.
7. RRH CM will assist families with obtaining employment and or working on applying for Social Security benefits.
8. Assist families in getting on waitlist for Section 8, Public and Subsidized Housing.
9. Attend weekly staff meetings, case staffing, and other meetings as assigned.
10. Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as assigned.
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
• Experience working with a diverse population preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team.
2. Ability to work in highly stressful situations.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
4. Ability to work independently and use sound judgment within the Trauma-Informed framework to make decisions.
5. Excellent organization skills.
6. Strong computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office programs.
7. Access to reliable transportation.
8. Must have a clean driving record and be insurable on our agency policy.
9. Ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion, and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
10. Understanding of the Housing First philosophy.
11. Demonstrate awareness of, and sensitivity to, diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the Agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and culture heritages are particularly valued.
12. Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds and drive a vehicle
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
• Ability and license to drive a vehicle
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title RRH CM in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reports to: Housing Team Lead
Position Status: Full Time, 40 hrs
Salary Range: $16.10/hour to start
Location: Palmer Court
EEO Class: Professionals
FLSA Status: Exempt (at $17.10)
Shift: 40 hours, Monday – Friday
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Homelessness (7)
- Salt Lake City (15)
- Bachelors (7)
- Logan (1)
- Eating Disorder (1)
- Youth (10)
- PhD (2)
- PsyD (1)
- MFT (4)
- MSW (2)
- CMHC (11)
- Masters (11)
- Doctorate (1)
- LCSW (13)
- LMFT (5)
- CSW (10)
- ACMHC (3)
- CSW-I (1)
- Family (5)
- Midvale (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- Utah County (1)
- Wasatch County (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (4)
- West Jordan (3)
- Murray (4)
- Trauma (1)
- Children (4)
- South Jordan (2)
- Holladay (1)
- Ogden (2)
- CSAC (1)
- LCMHC (3)
- LSAC (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Group Therapy (1)
- Lehi (1)
- PC (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Girls (2)
- Older Adults (1)
- Orem (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- Riverton (1)
- Bluffdale (1)
- Families (1)