Housing Not Jail (HNJ) Case Manager
Housing Not Jail (HNJ) is a program developed by The Road Home in a Pay for Success model awarded by Salt Lake County Government. The objective of HNJ is to identify individuals who are persistently homeless, helping them obtain housing in the community and working with them to optimize housing stability by offering services including case management, behavioral health, and employment. We are currently recruiting for a Case Manager who will engage clients and establish trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of self-sufficiency and success in housing and in the community. The Case Manager will provide enhanced case management and offer supportive services for both homeless, and housed individuals.
1. Meet with clients regularly providing supportive services and developing goals that will help them overcome homelessness and stabilize in the community.
2. Work directly with clients on driven goals and housing stability focused activities.
3. Provide program participants with referrals and linkages to community resources. Assess clients’ barriers to self-sufficiency and develop problem-solving skills with the client.
4. Assist and coordinate move plans with HNJ staff. Shop with clients for furniture and food commodities, and assist in moving items into their residence.
5. Work with clients on independent living skills and write new case plans with them as needed in order to help them maintain their housing stability.
6. Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as required and participate in research and/or special projects as needed. Monitor and evaluate progress of clients.
7. Attend weekly staff/staffing meetings and other meetings as assigned.
8. Other duties as assigned.
9. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
• A history of working in homeless services or with disenfranchised populations is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Must be dependable and reliable
2. Ability to work individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Strong computer skills
5. Ability to work in highly stressful situations
6. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations
7. Ability and willingness to accept direction from HNJ Program Supervisor
8. Must have a clean driving record and be insurable by our agency insurance carrier
9. Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective
10. Familiarity with the Housing First philosophy.
11. Demonstrated awareness of, and sensitivity to, diverse populations. Ability to contribute to the Agency’s commitment to enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and culture heritages are particularly valued.
12. Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Physical and Equipment Requirements
• Able to sit/stand/walk for at least an hour at a time
• Able to lift 25 lbs.
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org nd include the job title, HNJ Case Manager, in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reports to: Housing Not Jail (HNJ) Supervisor Position
Status: Full Time, 40 hrs; Temp, ends 12/31/21
Salary Range: $16.10/ hr. to start
EEO Class: Professionals
FLSA Status :Exempt (at $17.10)
Shift: Monday- Friday, Days
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Homelessness (7)
- Salt Lake City (15)
- Bachelors (7)
- Logan (1)
- Eating Disorder (1)
- Youth (10)
- PhD (2)
- PsyD (1)
- MFT (4)
- MSW (2)
- CMHC (11)
- Masters (11)
- Doctorate (1)
- LCSW (13)
- LMFT (5)
- CSW (10)
- ACMHC (3)
- CSW-I (1)
- Family (5)
- Midvale (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- Utah County (1)
- Wasatch County (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (4)
- West Jordan (3)
- Murray (4)
- Trauma (1)
- Children (4)
- South Jordan (2)
- Holladay (1)
- Ogden (2)
- CSAC (1)
- LCMHC (3)
- LSAC (1)
- AMFT (1)
- Group Therapy (1)
- Lehi (1)
- Supervision Available (1)
- Girls (2)
- Older Adults (1)
- Orem (1)
- Clinical Psychologist (1)
- Riverton (1)
- Bluffdale (1)
- Families (1)