Principal, Health Policy Practice
Lewis-Burke, a dynamic and team-oriented federal advocacy and consulting firm which represents the interests of leading research, health, technology, and education organizations, is seeking a Principal for its Health Policy practice, based in Washington, DC. The firm’s health policy practice, consisting of a team of professionals, covers a broad range of issues of relevance to the firm’s clients including issues pertaining to teaching hospitals and academic medical centers, public health, health professions, mental and behavioral health, health services research, telemedicine, and federal policies impacting the successful implementation and delivery of healthcare. Effective efforts engage interests on Capitol Hill with federal agency priorities at HHS, CMS, FDA, CDC, HRSA, SAMHSA, AHRQ, and NIH among others.
Principal responsibilities would include management of client issues as well as interactions with high level client representatives, Members of Congress and their staffs, and key federal agency officials. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Design, development, and execution of federal engagement and advocacy strategies for Lewis-Burke clients to achieve their government relations goals;
- Analysis of a broad range of issues, client capabilities, and political circumstances to keep clients informed of legislative and federal trends, opportunities, and threats;
- Creation of timely and in-depth written analysis of policy, regulatory, and political developments likely to impact clients’ federal relations strategies;
- Manage client relationships and provide regular client communication to ensure satisfaction and loyalty;
- Enhance the reputation and influence of Lewis-Burke and develop client profile raising opportunities by building relationships with key client contacts, Members of Congress and their staffs, federal agency officials and research and higher education community members;
- Adhere to lobbying rules and reporting requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of Capitol Hill, Federal Government, or health policy experience;
- Graduate degree in public health, political science, public administration, public policy, law, engineering, science, business or related field or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment;
- Understanding of the federal legislative, administrative, and regulatory process;
- Effective communication, writing, and time management skills.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and the generous benefits package includes vacation and sick leave and employer contributions to health insurance and retirement savings. Lewis-Burke is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability, and experience drives us forward every day.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Utah (1)
- Youth (4)
- Women's Services (1)
- Masters (4)
- CSW (4)
- LCSW (3)
- LMFT (2)
- Orem (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (3)
- Salt Lake City (4)
- Millcreek (1)
- CMHC (2)
- Bi-Lingual (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- LSUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- LASDUC (1)
- Policy (1)
- Washington DC (1)
- Bachelors (3)
- MSW (1)
- Washington (1)
- Draper (3)
- St. George (1)
- LPC (1)
- ACMHC (2)
- MFT (1)
- Homelessness (1)