JOB TITLE: Clinical Counselor
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR: LCSW Clinical Supervisor
COMPENSATION: The salary range will be dependent on Clinical License and years of related experience
BENEFITS: IRA 3% Match, Paid PTO, Holiday pay, health/dental/vision/life/AD&D insurance
DOVE Center promotes the workplace values of TEAM Excellence; Trust (& Integrity), Empathy, Accountability, Mutual Respect, and Excellence. In addition to our workplace values, DOVE Center expects employees to demonstrate a commitment to our agency Mission and Vision Statement, as well as our agency policies and procedures. Employees are also expected to demonstrate additional personal and professional qualities specific to their role. Specifically, clinical counselors are expected to be committed to ongoing learning and development as a trauma informed clinician; and are required to participate in a minimum of 16 hours required victim advocacy training. Clinical counselors are also expected to have high professional standards and ethics, to maintain good standing with the Utah State licensing board. Clinical counselors are expected to participate in continuing education and maintain expertise on current research and developments in the fields of behavioral health, trauma, abuse, and other pertinent topics. CEUs must include a minimum of 16 hours of domestic violence and sexual trauma related treatment-specific training every year. Clinical counselors are expected to have a thorough understanding of HIPAA, the Mental Health Professional Practice Act and other laws and rules pertinent to professional licensing and mental health counseling.
Provide trauma specific/trauma sensitive assessment and psychotherapy treatment services to children, adults, and families impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and other interpersonal abuse and trauma. In addition to individual and/or family therapy, psychotherapy treatment may include open, closed, and/or dual focused groups, for primary and secondary survivors clientele at any/all DOVE Center locations.
- Provide Evidence-based, trauma-focused therapy to primary and secondary survivors
- Provide crisis intervention and crisis counselling services as needed
- Conduct counseling intake and trauma sensitive, biopsychosocial mental health assessment
- Provide diagnosis and billing information monthly for all clients assigned to specific billing contracts (Medicaid, DHS, CVR, etc.)
- Facilitate development of goals and individualized treatment plan within 30 days, that is periodically reassessed every 90 days
- Maintain clear/concise client files; including session/service and progress notes, treatment plans, client correspondence, telephone consultations, and termination summaries
- Be an active member in partnership with community agencies that provide services and support client recovery
- Participate in ongoing clinical meetings, case staffings, and clinical supervision/consultation
- Provide ongoing collaboration and consultation to other members of DOVE Center multidisciplinary team
- Assist Clinical Supervisor in preparing quarterly and annual counseling outcomes/progress reports
- Participate in applicable, appropriate, related professional development opportunities
- Engage in ongoing cultural awareness and sensitivity training and apply to performance of all responsibilities
- *For Child/Youth Counseling: Meet with parents/caregivers regularly to discuss minor’s progress in treatment. Assist advocates and other DOVE team members in providing supportive services to parents/caregivers/families that address the safety and well-being of minor child/youth client.
- All other responsibilities and duties as from time to time designated by DOVE Center or added to the scope of responsibility for this position
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Graduation from college with a Master’s degree (or higher) in social work, psychology, or related field required.
- Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or other equivalent unrestricted professional license (CMHC, LPC, LMFT, etc.) to practice independently as a mental health therapist; OR
- Licensed as a Certified Social Worker (CSW), or other equivalent associate level professional license (ACMHC, etc.) to practice under supervision of DOVE Center licensed clinician
- Training and/or continuing education applicable to areas of interpersonal trauma, domestic and sexual violence and abuse preferred
- Training and/or certification in a psychological first aid and/or crisis intervention preferred
- Training and/or certification in an evidenced based trauma specific/trauma sensitive treatment modality preferred (ex. TF-CBT, EMDR, Play Therapy, SE, DBT, Seeking Safety, LifeSpan Integration, etc.)
- Prior relevant experience as a practicing mental health professional working with children, adults, and/or families whom have experienced trauma and abuse.
- Specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skill in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of trauma-related barriers to functioning.
- *For Child/Youth Counseling: minimum of 2 years required experience providing child-specific, trauma focused psychotherapy.
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Word, Excel, Google Suite, and Google Chrome.
- Familiarity and experience with documenting in an electronic record and keeping documentation current.
- *For Child/Youth Counseling: Thorough understanding of child development, attachment, childhood trauma, and child/adolescent treatment. Familiarity with Washington County resources, agencies, and stakeholders.
- Intellectual and Physical Requirements:
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Bending, twisting, reaching, and other movement may be necessary in working with children/adolescents.
- Lifting of office materials (up to 20 lbs) may also be requested.
- Other Information:
- Must have reliable transportation
- Travel may occasionally be required for educational or business purposes. It is not anticipated that any travel would last more than 2 – 3 days.
- Must adhere to the federal VAWA & HIPAA laws pertaining to confidential protected health information.
- Must adhere to guidelines set forth by DOVE Center, the Department of Human Services (DHS), Office for Victims of Crime (OVC), and other governing bodies, concerning program policies, licensure requirements, and code of ethics.
- Employment dependent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check and initial onboarding training
DOVE Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or the presence of handicaps or disabilities, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.
In order to apply, applicants will need to go to our website (https://dovecenter.org/employment/) and download the application, then submit completed application, resumes and any other materials for employment consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Utah (1)
- Youth (4)
- Women's Services (1)
- Masters (4)
- CSW (4)
- LCSW (3)
- LMFT (2)
- Orem (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (3)
- Salt Lake City (4)
- Millcreek (1)
- CMHC (2)
- Bi-Lingual (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- CSUDC (1)
- LSUDC (1)
- CASUDC (1)
- LASDUC (1)
- Policy (1)
- Washington DC (1)
- Bachelors (3)
- MSW (1)
- Washington (1)
- Draper (3)
- St. George (1)
- LPC (1)
- ACMHC (2)
- MFT (1)
- Homelessness (1)