MVP SLCO Palmer Court Support AmeriCorps
We are looking for a highly motivated person who is interested in making a difference in the lives of others. Palmer Court is a 201 unit Permanent Supportive Housing facility serving individuals and families who have experienced chronic homelessness, meaning they have had extended periods of time homeless and also have a disabling condition. Palmer Court’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Program utilizes housing focused case management to help residents remain stably housed. This program supports our community’s efforts to make episodes of homelessness rare, brief, and nonrecurring.
The Road Home is seeking an AmeriCorps member to support the onsite case management team through assisting with the coordination of volunteer activities, assisting the team with data and record keeping related to volunteers, partnerships, and to services provided; assist residents in housing stability and placement; maintain the onsite food pantry and assist residents in accessing resources; and take part in staff meetings and trainings.
Option for Service:
Full Time, 1700 Hours Minimum. Start date: January 1, 2021. Provide a minimum of 35 service hours per week, with service ending on December 30, 2021.
Full time AmeriCorps Members are provided a modest financial compensation in the form of cost-of-living allowances; referred to as a “living stipend” up to $18,250; Proof of Healthcare reimbursement up to $100 per month if eligible and participation, paid Student Loan Deferment, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Child Care Assistance if needed, and the AmeriCorps Education Award. After successfully completing their term of service, full time members may receive the Education Award of up to $6,195. The Education Award can pay for additional college, graduate school courses, or it can pay off existing qualifying federal student loans.
Full-time members are required to commit to a full year service agreement and complete
a “minimum” of:
1,700 service hours.
Education Award $6,195
Stipend amount bi-weekly $700.00
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Transport children living at Palmer Court to school in the morning.
2. Provide transportation for residents of Palmer Court to and from appointments, food pantries, etc.
3. Maintain documentation for partner agencies, grants, etc.
4. Maintain on-site food pantry.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Clear a full FBI Criminal background check, State background check, and the National Sex Offender Criminal background check.
2. Clear drug test.
3. High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
4. A resident or legal citizen of the United States.
5. Valid Utah Driver’s License.
6. Positions require the candidates be 21 or over.
Knowledge of and/or Willingness to Learn
1. Computer literate (i.e., Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
2. Experience working and/or education in social services field a plus.
3. Issues impacting individuals who have been or are homeless.
4. Methods and techniques of effective case management and assessment skills.
5. Social service programs and community resources.
MVP SLCO Palmer Court
1. Ability to solve complex situations and diffuse explosive situations with professionalism, empathy, and from a Trauma Informed Care perspective.
2. Ability to approach problems pro-actively with a solution- based focus.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to establish working relationships with residents, co-workers, and other professionals.
5. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
6. Basic understanding of Trauma Informed Care and Housing First philosophies and a willingness to incorporate them into your work on a daily basis.
7. Ability to provide constructive and professional feedback to clients.
8. Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
9. Ability to display cultural competency, appreciation, compassion and understanding of the needs of clients.
Instructions to Apply
Committed applicants please apply directly on the AmeriCorps website at:
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Road Home considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Position Title: Palmer Court Support AmeriCorps
Reports to: PSH Services Supervisor
Position Status: Full Time, 1,700 hours of service/35- 40 hours week
Living Allowance: $700 Bi-weekly Living Stipend + Monthly Healthcare reimbursement if eligible; Education Award at successful completion of the contract of $6,195, based on full-time hours of service.
Contract Term: January 1, 2021 – December 30, 2021
Shift: Days, Monday through Friday, with the need to work occasional nights and weekends.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Homelessness (5)
- Salt Lake City (7)
- AmeriCorps (5)
- Men's Services (2)
- Midvale (1)
- Salt Lake (1)
- Masters (5)
- CSW (2)
- Youth (3)
- LCSW (4)
- CMHC (3)
- ACMHC (1)
- LMFT (3)
- AMFT (1)
- West Valley (3)
- LISW (1)
- LPCC (1)
- MSW (2)
- MBA (1)
- MPA (1)
- MPH (1)
- PhD (1)
- Washington (1)
- Bachelors (1)
- Cottonwood Heights (1)
- Doctorate (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (1)