Primary Adventure Therapist
Pure Life Adventure is an innovative Adventure Therapy Program located in the beautiful country of Costa Rica. We are seeking a skilled therapist to join our dynamic team in 2020-21. This professional will provide individual, group, and family therapy to young adults ages 18-30 years old and adolescents ages 14-17.
In addition, weekly phone consultation to the client’s family and referring professionals will be required. The therapist will be part of a treatment team and responsible for providing ongoing training to guides and other staff. Living in Costa Rica and occasional travel for marketing/educational purposes is required.
Pure Life offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive, flexible work schedule with the opportunity to live/work/play in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Master's or Ph.D. in a clinical field with previous wilderness therapy/adventure therapy experience is required. Experience working with adolescents or young adults, and their families in a clinical setting is expected, and training in positive psychology, family systems, and CBT/DBT is strongly preferred. Strong communication skills, the ability to manage a caseload, work independently, full English proficiency, and good interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge and experience in the outdoors are also preferred, along with a fun-loving sense of humor!
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Costa Rica (Central Pacific Region)
Starting Date: 2020 - 2021
Send interest and resume to:
Carrie Weatherhead, LCSW Director of Admissions and Marketing
- Provide individual, group and family therapy
- Weekly consultations with referring professionals
- Participate in team meetings
- Provide in-service trainings to staff
- Occasional travel for marketing purposes
- Master's Degree or PhD in a clinical field.
- Previous Wilderness / Adventure Therapy Experience
- Experience with adolescents and young adults.
- Training in positive psych, family systems, & CBT
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage a caseload & work independently
- English proficiency and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge & experience with outdoors is preferred
- Call For More Information
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake City (4)
- Veterans (1)
- U of U Campus (3)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Social Research Institute (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- Homelessness (1)
- Young Adults (4)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Centerville (1)
- Masters (7)
- New Hampshire (1)
- Colorado (1)
- Arizona (1)
- Maine (1)
- PhD (2)
- Georgia (1)
- Youth (4)
- South Carolina (1)
- Men's Services (2)
- Costa Rica (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- LCPC (1)
- LCSW (1)
- LAC (1)
- Montana (1)
- CSW (1)