Housing Stability Specialist
The Housing Stability Specialist will work to maintain and manage the responsibilities of The Road Home’s properties and rental agreements throughout the community. This position is responsible for conducting frequent inspections of all current units, engaging with property managers and maintaining current landlord relationships, completing rental agreements and leasing paperwork, and navigating the rules and regulations of both private and government funded grants. The Housing Stability Specialist will be required to be well versed in property management in order to explain leases, review renewals of rental agreements, and identify specific property maintenance issues. This position requires an ability to communicate with clients who are unfamiliar with rent processes, lease agreements and property management concerns. The Housing Stability Specialist can act as a mediator between landlords and clients regarding property management issues. This requires the ability to deescalate, empower and advocate for our tenants. This passionate self starter will work for an agency that is both the state’s largest nonprofit housing provider and the state’s largest homeless service provider.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Complete all lease agreements and needed inspections for long term housing programs.
2. Cultivate landlord relationships within the community.
3. Engage frequently with landlords regarding property management and lease agreement concerns.
4. Mitigate landlord and tenant issues.
5. Notify landlords of upcoming required documentation to keep all lease agreements up to date.
6. Communicate with clients, landlords and community partners on a regular basis regarding client stability and unit safety.
7. Partner with all needed team members to explore housing solutions.
8. Collaborate with program supervisor in ensuring program fidelity, documentation accuracy and intra-agency collaborations.
9. Attend weekly collaboration meetings.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent required.
Experience working with diverse populations preferred. Skills and Requirements
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism and compassion.
Ability to work independently and use sound judgment when making decisions.
Ability to actively listen, empathize, and offer support to clients.
Excellent writing and documentation skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Willing to be a proactive member of our team.
Strong belief in the housing first model.
Ability to work with community partners.
Self-starter and self-directed.
Ability to become proficient with multiple client tracking databases (HMIS & Access).
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
Dependable, punctual and professional.
Ability to speak and write in both Spanish and English (preferred).
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background test and drug screen.
Must have a clean driving record and be insurable by our agency insurance carrier.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Ability to stand and walk for at least an hour at a time
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title Housing Stability Specialist in the subject line.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Tooele County (1)
- Logan (1)
- West Jordan (1)
- Youth (3)
- Salt Lake City (14)
- U of U Campus (2)
- Murray (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- CSW (4)
- LCSW (7)
- Aging (1)
- Refugee (1)
- Masters (4)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- Provo (2)
- CMHC (4)
- LMFT (3)
- Homelessness (8)
- SSW (2)
- ACMHC (2)
- AMFT (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (4)
- Licensure Supervision (2)
- West Valley (8)
- Utah County (1)
- Tooele (1)
- Park City (1)
- Lincensure Supervision (1)
- Men's Services (1)
- ACMHC. LMFT (1)