Clinical Supervisor - Homeless Outreach Team
Join a team that will assist unsheltered individuals and/or families in Salt Lake City. Oversee the daily clinical program operation, manage program staff, and provide outreach case management services, including housing and benefits assistance, to clients. Assist the Director to ensure that the program is working in accordance to agency and contract standards. Provide community trainings and work to engage the community in productive conversations around homelessness and related issues.
- Hold weekly clinical supervision meeting with case managers to review client cases and provide appropriate clinical direction and guidance.
- Oversee the training and implementation of evidenced based/ best practices such as motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma informed practices and procedures, etc.
- Consistently monitor client flow between case managers and care coordinators to ensure referrals and services are being provided effectively.
- Collaborate with Program Director to identify operational problems and strive to resolve these in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain a small case management case load, assisting clients with necessary supportive services, including medical, housing, benefits, mental health, and employment services.
- Provide regularly scheduled supervision, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes with direct reports.
- Direct the daily, morning team huddle providing clear expectations and instructions to efficiently lead the day’s operations.
- Oversee and/or participate in crisis intervention services, including medical, family and psychiatric emergencies.
- Work with team to ensure data collection is accurate and timely and assist with completing grant reports.
- Participate in audits, site visits, and provide oversight that all client files and related paperwork are maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements and submitted in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Program Director to provide community education, training, response, and problem solving around homelessness issues in Salt Lake City.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Master’s degree and licensure, in a social services field or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. Supervision provided for therapist working towards licensure.
- Direct experience with homeless clients.
- 3 years supervisory and administrative experience in a social service setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use disorder treatment best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Motivational Interviewing techniques, Stages of Change models, Trauma Informed Care principles and how to implement them with clients.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to interact with clients and staff by demonstrating genuine empathy, concern and understanding of their experience while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with community members, governing officials, and community partners.
- Ability to perform outreach in extreme weather conditions, including summer heat and winter snow; be willing and able to perform outreach on foot approximately five miles per day while wearing a backpack with supplies. Must be able to lift 25 Ibs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
Benefits available include affordably priced: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid holidays, sick, and vacation time; retirement plan with employer match.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Tooele County (1)
- Logan (1)
- West Jordan (1)
- Youth (3)
- Salt Lake City (14)
- U of U Campus (2)
- Murray (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) (2)
- CSW (4)
- LCSW (7)
- Aging (1)
- Refugee (1)
- Masters (4)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- Provo (2)
- CMHC (4)
- LMFT (3)
- Homelessness (8)
- SSW (2)
- ACMHC (2)
- AMFT (2)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (4)
- Licensure Supervision (2)
- West Valley (8)
- Utah County (1)
- Tooele (1)
- Park City (1)
- Lincensure Supervision (1)
- Men's Services (1)
- ACMHC. LMFT (1)