Utah Behavior Services is looking to fill several entry-level Part-Time Behavior Technician positions (Mon-Friday 4pm-7pm and Saturday 9-3) in the Taylorsville area and in the homes of clients in the surrounding areas. (Clinical Locations Include: Crossroads/Taylorsville)
A technician is an entry-level position with opportunities to build or advance your career as a behaviorist by pursuing various credentials through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. Whether you’re interested in starting your path in Psychology, Mental Health, Social Work, or Behavior Analysts or already enrolled and looking for supervision hours, this could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals and be apart of a growing organization that wants you to grow with us. Apply today!
What are the Behavior Technician options?
- 8 Locations whichever is closest to you, including in-home sessions throughout the state
- Full Time & Part Time available (depending on location)
- Passing background check is required
- Entry Level position that requires a Highschool Diploma or GED.
- Paid Orientation & Training
- We train and pay you to be qualified with a National Certification to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification within 90 days.
- What's an RBT? https://www.bacb.com/rbt/
- $2 dollar pay raise when certified as RBT
- School comes first so we offer flexible scheduling to meet your schedule
Full-Time Benefits (available depending on location)
- Full time is 30 hr/per week or more.
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Paid Time Off, Holidays
- Internship opportunities for students, get supervision while in your Masters Program
- Student loan Repayment Program Must be in an approved program.
- We help pay for continuing education credits (CEU's) once you obtain your credentials.
- Psychology degree? Get your foot in the door and grow with us!
What is Pay & Schedule like?
- Pay is dependent upon experience.
- Starting Pay Behavior Tech Ranges from $11.00/hr - $14.50
- Registered behavior Tech (RBT) Ranges from $15.00/hr and Up.
- Flexible Scheduling Includes (Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm); ( Saturday 9am-3pm) (3 hour shifts)
- Part-time Minimum Requirement - 15 hours per week (5 sessions), with a minimum of 3 evening sessions (4-7 pm). Availability including three evenings is highly preferred. Some Saturday availability for a morning (9-12) OR a mid-session (12:30-3:30).
- Due to the nature of our work, we can and will work with your scheduling needs as long as there is communication, but can't guarantee the availability of any shift.
Why UTBS Culture is Different?
- Why work for us? We take care of our employees, so they can take care of the families we serve. Challenge yourself, in a cohesive team environment that allows you to Step up your Career so you can Step Into the lives of those who are in crisis! Broaden your Career and let UTBS guide you to your goals!
Our Mission is to provide the highest quality behavior and mental health services in Utah. Individuals and families have access to the seamless coordination of services under one roof for Mental Health, Autism Services, Medication Management, Psychological Evaluations, and many other services. This approach cultivates a distinct and enduring change.
Our vision is to support each individual by making the most of Utah Behavior Services’ interdisciplinary and highly educated team of professionals (mental health therapists, behavior clinicians, and doctorate level professionals), united with a family-centered plan designed to realize their full potential.
- Our Values are based on 5 distinct principles that define our actions in everything we do.
- We Work as a Team where Honesty, Loyalty, and a Respectful culture is cultivated for employees and clients.
- We expect Excellence, professionally and Aspire for Quality while continuing to raise the bar.
- We are Tenacious by holding firm to our determination and perseverance.
- We are Resilient, in keeping a positive, flexible and solution-focused attitude.
- We Strengthen Families with Evidence-based practice that is realistic and integrated with our client's needs.
What do Behavior Tech’s Do?
The Behavior Technician conducts in the clinic as well as in-home Intensive Intervention Behavior Therapy Services to children with a diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder or other diagnoses or delays using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Behavior Techs will also staff clients in social skills group settings in addition to in-home sessions. Comprehensive Paid training will be provided to equip staff to fulfill position responsibilities, including earning the Registered Behavior Technician credential. Those who already hold the RBT credential are highly encouraged to apply!
Full-time Vs. Part-Time
- Full-time minimum of 30 hours per week
- Part-time minimum of 15 hours per week (5 sessions), with a minimum of 3 evening sessions (4-7 pm). Availability including three evenings is highly preferred. Some Saturday availability for a morning (9-12) OR a mid-session (12:30-3:30). If employment is offered, you will be required to become a Registered Behavior Technician or (RBT) within 90 days from hire.
What are Behavior Tech’s Responsibilities?
- Independently conducts 1:1 behavior therapy shifts (usually 3 hours in length per shift) using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Address Behavior Service Plan (BSP) objectives using procedures approved by the Program Supervisor, including collecting and recording data accurately and efficiently by policies established by Utah Behavior Services and the standards of the field outlined by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
- Attend and participate in supervision sessions to review child progress and Behavior Technician work performance with the Program Supervisor, parents, team members, schools, and other providers.
- Demonstrate basic competency with Behavior Interventionist skill requirements following initial intensive training and observation period.
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility with program delivery and engagement with the child. Demonstrate self-motivation, time management skills, analytic skills, and above all, an ability to support teammates and the company as a united team for each client and family.
- Behavior Techs must make themselves available to complete mandatory ongoing, required training, scheduled at various times throughout the year including evenings and weekends.
- Display honesty and integrity in all elements of job performance and interactions with teammates, due to the independent, field-based nature of in-home ABA.
Am I qualified?
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must provide a copy of the current driving record (annually).
- All applicants must pass state and federal background checks (annually) as required by the State of Utah to work with children. Any items on driving record or background check may be cause for non-employment and will be handled on a case-by-case basis with Executive approval.
- Preferred experience: conducting discrete trial training, Pivotal Response training, use of applied behavior analysis procedures and experience with children. Comprehensive training is provided to all new hires, regardless of background.
- Speak, write, read fluently in the English language.
- Must be comfortable using iPads and computers to use various web-based software systems for carrying out intervention programs, recording data, and adhering to company standards for scheduling and time submission. Must read and respond to multiple company emails per day. Must have access to an internet connection outside of work hours.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about children, families, Interventionists, staff and any other protected health information (PHI).
- The applicant must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation to and from client homes and UTBS office.
Visit utahbehaviorservices.com to apply.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Washington (6)
- Everett (1)
- North Puget Sound (1)
- Salt Lake City (5)
- U of U Campus (6)
- Logan (1)
- Park City (1)
- Bountiful (2)
- Cedar City (1)
- Utah County (3)
- Fillmore (1)
- Dixie (1)
- Provo (2)
- Clearfield (1)
- Manti (1)
- CSW (3)
- LCSW (8)
- LISW (1)
- LMFT (3)
- LPCC (1)
- CMHC (1)
- Masters (10)
- Licensure Supervision (3)
- Youth (12)
- MSW (2)
- Weber County (1)
- David County (1)
- Tooele County (1)
- Salt Lake County (1)
- Older Adults (1)
- LCMHC (2)
- West Valley (6)
- Taylorsville (2)
- ACMHC (1)
- AMFT (1)
- OCD (1)
- Anxiety (1)
- Summer Employment (4)
- Seattle (1)
- MA (1)
- Family (5)
- Virginia (1)
- South Carolina (1)
- New Hampshire (1)
- Draper (1)
- Doctorate (1)
- North Carolina (1)
- LPC (2)
- LCAS (1)
- Boston (1)
- Massachusetts (1)
- Oregon (1)
- Spanish Fork (1)
- LP (1)
- Sacramento (1)
- California (1)
- Murray (1)