Social Service Worker
The University of Utah Health is hiring Social Service Workers! Recent and upcoming graduates have the opportunity to join our growing team!
- Our Crisis Center is expected to double in volume over the next four years! Our specialty programs within the Crisis Center for preventing and supporting mental health crises at UNI include:
- Utah Crisis Line: Available 24/7 in association with the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for crisis help and support
- Utah Warm Line: Available 8am -11pm daily for support, hope, empowerment, and recovery
- SafeUT Crisis Chat & Tip Line: Available 24/7 via text or phone for access directly to a licensed counselor for emotional support or crisis prevention
- SafeUTNG: Available 24/7 for active duty National Guard Members, family, and civilian personnel, with direct access to licensed mental health counselors
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams (MCOT): Youth and adult teams based in Salt Lake County and available 24/7 for prompt dispatch and face to face response, or virtual video response.
- The Utah Warm line and the Utah Crisis line are the areas where we’re hoping to hire Social Service Workers. It’s a great place for new-grads to gain experience and exposure, and they’ll work along our licensed Social Workers and Counselors. Pay and benefits are competitive, and full-time employees are eligible for tuition reduction after six months (tuition reduction can be applied toward graduate programs including Social Work)!
- Social Service Worker license is required in order to qualify. Social Service Worker licensing in Utah is managed through DOPL; the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) administers the required exams.
Candidates may apply here:
Candidates may introduce themselves here:
Find out more about University of Utah Health events:
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.