Looking for therapist jobs near Asheville, NC? Come join our growing team! Equinox RTC is a Residential Treatment Center for male adolescents, located in Bat Cave, NC (30 minutes south of downtown Asheville). Mental health therapist jobs at our residential treatment center require staff to work closely with students struggling with a variety of mental health issues. We emphasize a relationship-based approach in a small, nurturing environment.
We are currently seeking a Master's or PhD-level licensed therapist to join our clinical team as a Primary Therapist. Experience in adolescent residential treatment preferred. This is a salaried, full-time position including benefits (Health benefits, Personal leave).
Licensed mental health therapists in our program manage a caseload of six residents with whom they are expected to provide three hours of individual/family therapy to each week. Each therapist also runs two group therapy sessions weekly and attends clinical meetings and treatment team meetings. Primary therapists are encouraged to participate in regular experiential and recreational activities with their caseload.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. from an accredited graduate program in a behavioral health-related field, including graduate degrees in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Must have current licensure within their professions (LMFT, LPC, LCSW etc.) by their respective State Boards and be eligible for and acquire licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- Experience in adolescent residential treatment.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to work independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to lead large group activities.
- Help struggling residents work through mental health issues including depression, anxiety, and other mental and behavioral issues
- Practice traditional and experiential therapies with students and their families
- Nurture our residents through difficult moments and reinforce developing resident skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Background check and drug screen required. Non-smoking campus. Learn more about Equinox at: http://www.equinoxrtc.com.
Salary: $40,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Life Insurance
Equinox is unique in its focus on Trauma, Loss, and Attachment, providing clinically intensive treatment for boys struggling with anxiety, depression, OCD, ASD, learning disabilities, and other emotional and behavioral needs.
Equinox offers a combination of clinically sophisticated support with a whole-person approach including adventure therapy, integrated Crossfit program, and a whole foods diet.
Equinox provides a fully accredited school, with broad course selections taught by licensed teachers in a college-preparatory environment.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- West Valley (3)
- Substance Use Disorder (1)
- SUDC (1)
- MSW (1)
- LCSW (4)
- ACMHC (1)
- CMHC (2)
- Youth (5)
- Sandy (1)
- CSW (1)
- Arizona (1)
- Utah (1)
- Salt Lake City (3)
- Criminal Justice (1)
- Centerville (2)
- Masters (6)
- Lehi (1)
- North Carolina (1)
- PhD (1)
- LMFT (3)
- LPC (2)
- Men's Services (1)
- Alaska (1)
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish & English) preferred (1)