Refugee Foster Care Case Manager
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services, Homeless Services and CCS of Northern Utah programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assume primary responsibility for ensuring the service delivery system is responsive to all the needs of each refugee youth during the service period. Provision of case management services as outlined in the USCCB/MRS cooperative agreement, Reception and Placement regulations, state and federal regulations and in compliance with policies and procedures of Catholic Community Services Migration and Refugee Services Program. All services provided in a manner that will facilitate self-sufficiency within the service period.
1. Coordinate placement with foster parents or parent representative prior to the arrival and then again if new placement is ever needed.
2. Complete monthly in-home visits with every foster youth assigned. Seek reports from family consultants or foster parents on a monthly basis, therapists on a bi-monthly basis, and schools a minimum of once per semester.
3. Be available for some evening and weekend work, including being on call on for emergencies on a rotating schedule.
4. Assess youth’s progress in independent living skills, academic development, and adjustment to culture and set up any necessary supports.
5. Other duties as may be assigned.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
1. Work will be performed primarily inside but will occur in youths’ homes, places of employment, educational institutions, and other locations as needed in addition to being performed in an office. Driving is required for this position.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
1. Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, to drive, and occasionally to assist youth with physical activities such as carrying groceries or household supplies.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Works independently in a safe, appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem solving and
2. Displays sensitivity to the needs of the youth, foster families, CCS staff, volunteers and other
persons with whom the employee may interact.
3. Proficiency in English oral and written communication.
Education, training and or experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited institution.
2. Experience working directly with children, preferably including experience with teenagers. It is also preferred that an applicant have experience working with families regarding youth development and parenting.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
1. Ability to pass a BCI/FBI background check.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
1. SSW or CSW preferred.
2. Current Utah driver’s license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
Position status and expected schedule
1. This position is non-exempt. The general schedule will consist of a 40-hour work week Monday
through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:00 PM.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended
to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to
change or assign other duties to this position.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Bountiful (1)
- American Fork (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Salt Salt (1)
- Aging (1)
- CSW (2)
- LCSW (8)
- SSW (2)
- Central Utah (1)
- Youth (3)
- Masters (1)
- Murray (1)
- Salt Lake City (20)
- Homelessness (4)
- Utah County (1)
- U of U Campus (4)
- LMFT (1)
- LPC (1)
- LP (1)
- Spanish Fork (1)
- Saratoga Springs (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (7)
- Wyoming (1)
- Bi-Lingual (1)
- St. George (1)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Women's Services (4)
- Bi-Lingual Preferred (1)
- MSW (2)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Young Adults (1)