HiFI Case Manager
The Road Home, provider of emergency shelter, housing, and services for people experiencing homelessness, is accepting resumes for the position of HiFI Case Manager. The HiFI Case Manager will support chronically homeless individuals as they move out of homelessness and back into the community.
The objective of this position is to provide Housing First and client driven case management services to chronically homeless individuals participating the HiFI program. Above all else Case Managers seek to assist clients in achieving stability in housing by connecting them with the resources they need to become more self-sufficient and improve their quality of life.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide outreach services to client homes, shelter, and other locations.
2. Provide direct case management, including crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem solving, agency and community resources utilization, and network building.
3. Work with partner agencies and provide referrals and linkages with community resources.
4. Attend regular meetings, including clinical staffing.
5. Keep records, case management notes and statistical data and participate in research and/or special projects.
6. Assess client barriers to self-sufficiency and develop problem solving skills with clients.
7. Set and track case management objectives and goals.
8. Connect clients with resources, including Social Security, Medicaid, DWS, Vocational Rehab, etc.
9. Collaborate with other service agencies to ensure the program participants have access to mainstream resources.
10. Use agency vehicles to provide transportation for clients.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Experience working with diverse and vulnerable populations.
Knowledge of homeless populations and housing opportunities preferred.
Knowledge and experience working with individuals with mental illness and substance use disorders.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology or related field required.
Skills and Requirements
1. Adhere to and believe in the mission and vision of The Road Home.
2. Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
3. Be dependable and reliable.
4. Possess excellent organizational skills and good judgment.
5. Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
6. Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
7. Ability and willingness to accept direction from HiFI Housing Supervisor and HiFI Team Lead.
8. Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion and from a Trauma Informed Care perspective.
9. Ability to work independently and use sound judgment within the Trauma Informed framework to make decisions.
10. Understanding of the Housing First philosophy, and willingness to have conversations with clients about housing.
11. Have good driving record and be insurable to drive agency vehicles.
12. Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Physical and Equipment Requirements
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Ability to walk and stand for at least an hour at a time
Instructions to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com. Please include the job title, HiFI Case Manager, in the subject line.
Job title: HiFI Case Manager
Reports to: HiFI Housing Supervisor
Position Status: Full Time, 40 Hours
Salary Range: $16.00/ hour to start
EEO Class: Professionals
FLSA Status: Exempt
Shift: Monday – Friday, Days
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.
- Bountiful (1)
- American Fork (1)
- Millcreek (1)
- Salt Salt (1)
- Aging (1)
- CSW (2)
- LCSW (8)
- SSW (2)
- Central Utah (1)
- Youth (3)
- Masters (1)
- Murray (1)
- Salt Lake City (20)
- Homelessness (4)
- Utah County (1)
- U of U Campus (4)
- LMFT (1)
- LPC (1)
- LP (1)
- Spanish Fork (1)
- Saratoga Springs (1)
- Substance Use Disorder (7)
- Wyoming (1)
- Bi-Lingual (1)
- St. George (1)
- College of Social Work (1)
- Women's Services (4)
- Bi-Lingual Preferred (1)
- MSW (2)
- Bi-Lingual preferred (1)
- Young Adults (1)