Full and part-time, PAID positions
At Volunteers of America, Utah’s Youth Resource Center (880 So. 400 W.), interact with youth to create a safe, nurturing environment that will offer stability, encourage self-sufficiency, and independence. Rewarding work at an agency where we are committed to making a difference in the lives we touch. Opportunities for advancement are available.
- Interact with youth and provide them with information on community resources.
- Distribute basic need items and maintain an accurate record of services delivered.
- Resolve conflicts and crisis manage as necessary.
- Enforce the center guidelines for conduct.
- Complete rounds consistently to ensure clients are in appropriate areas
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Cleaning and some meal preparation.
Full-time, Sunday (8:00am-6:00pm), M-W (2:30pm-12:30am)
Full-time, Th-Sun (2:30pm-12:30am)
Full-time, Sat-Wed (12:00am-8:30am)
Part-time, Sat & Sun (8:00am-4:30pm)
Part-time, Sat & Sun (4:00pm-12:30am)
- Paid or volunteer experience interacting with adolescents.
- A degree in the social service field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with homeless clients, regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
- Basic knowledge of professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Perseverance and care when clients exhibit behaviors that contribute to continued homelessness.
- Ability to assist with moving cots, dividers, chairs, and tables within the shelter.
- Driver's license with clean driving record required (No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years and no DUI in the last 5 years).
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
Full-time benefits include: paid holidays, vacation and sick days; medical, dental,
and life insurance; retirement plan.
$12.50 per hour, $13.00 after 3 months and completion of training, $1.00 per hour shift differential for graves.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.