Job Summary: Intake Workers will be responsible for the implementation of an efficient Department of Workforce Services TANF eligibility determination system serving the incoming clients of shelters, the input of a clean and cohesive data into Client Track, under the direction of the Data Administrator and the Housing Director. Eligibility Specialists will be housed in the shelter.
• TANF Eligibility: Assess clients through the DWS TANF Eligibility process in an efficient and timely manner, and verify clients’ income and DWS TEVS.
• Track and record all data collected.
• Data enter in Client Track.
• Responsible for ensuring all assessments and data are completed accurately, keep confidential, and follows a process of record keeping and record storage.
• Collaborate with staff and program partners to ensure that all service areas are integrated into a comprehensive program.
• Provide referrals to community resources to ensure that the kind, quality, and timeliness were appropriate, and give additional or different resources if needed.
• Continue ongoing professional development through training, meetings, and education courses.
• Represent the agency in a professional manner while collaborating with community agencies.
• Take direction and feedback from Supervisors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Attention to detail, effective organizational and time management skills. The ability to exercise good judgment and discretion. The capacity to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and the ability to individualize for clients.
Education / Training / Experience: A high school diploma is required, however a bachelor’s degree in social, human or family services with two or more years of related experience is preferred for this position. Other bachelor degree type with two or more years of related experience is an acceptable alternative. Experience working with homeless individuals is preferred.
Wage: $12.72-$15.90 Full-time, Year-round, Non-Exempt position, Benefits eligible
Apply Online: www.utahca.org
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.