Housing Diversion Worker
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting clients with Diversion services. Diversion Worker will assess clients for Diversion services, working to prevent homelessness for people seeking shelter by identifying immediate alternate housing arrangements and, if necessary, connect them with services and financial assistance to help them return to permanent housing. Diversion Workers may also assess clients through the DWS TANF eligibility process in the DWS TEVS database to assist them in receiving TANF services.
• A bachelor's degree in social/human or family services with two or more years of related experience is preferred for this position; however a high school diploma or other bachelor degree type with two or more years of related experience is an acceptable alternative.
• Address the needs of individuals and secure appropriate interventions.
• Identify client motivation and use it as a tool for empowerment.
• Assess clients through the DWS TANF Eligibility process in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assess clients for Diversion services, working to prevent homelessness for people seeking shelter by identifying immediate alternate housing arrangements and, if necessary, connect them with services and financial assistance to help them return to permanent housing.
• Track and record all data collected.
• Responsible for ensuring all assessments and data are completed accurately, keep confidential, and follow a process of record keeping and record storage.
• Collaborate with staff and program partners to ensure that all service areas are integrated into a comprehensive program.
• Provide and follow-up on the effectiveness of referrals to community resources to ensure that the kind, quality, and timeliness were appropriate, and give additional or different resources if needed.
• Continue ongoing professional development through training, meetings, and education courses.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date case management notes.
• Ensure clients have access to all available direct-client services and that housing grant timelines are met.
Employment Status: Full time, Year round, Non-Exempt position, Benefits eligible
Apply: Online at www.utahca.org/careers
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.