Residential Substance Abuse Counselor
Turning Point Centers is a nationally accredited local leader in Substance Abuse and Mental Health treatment since 2007. As a contracted, in-network provider we offer a full continuum of care leveraging best practices and evidence-based modalities to deliver quality, patient-centered treatment. Models include CBT, MI, EMDR, and ACT.
We seek a therapist to facilitate the clinical process in our Residential Program. Turning Point Centers is a progressive addiction treatment provider that maintains a professional culture conducive for therapist growth by providing applicable training and education.
- Maintain a caseload of 6-7 clients including 1:1 therapy sessions, facilitate groups.
- 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday - Friday, with on call rotation.
- Complete bio/psycho/social assessments to determine level of care required, problem areas and diagnostic considerations. Develop, implement and maintain individualized treatment plans and continued stay reviews. Maintain clinical documentation including discharge summaries.
- Provide SUD and Mental Health therapy and treatment in accordance with best practices, policies and procedures established by Turning Point and by professional licensing agencies.
- Skills Training and Psycho Social Rehabilitative Services to reduce and eliminate substance abuse, maladaptive/hazardous behavior related to substance abuse. Develop appropriate interpersonal/social skills, communication skills and effective behaviors.
- Provide a coordinated approach (case management) by planning, advocating, linking, referring and monitoring progress that ensure clients receive appropriate services to achieve established goals.
- Attend weekly feedback/supervision, monthly staff meetings, clinical training classes and workshops.
- Education: Master’s Degree from accredited college / university
- Licenses: Current license to practice therapy from Utah Department of Professional Licensing – CMHC, MFT, or LCSW. Associate’s level license is acceptable and position includes supervision
- Experience: 1 year + working in Substance Abuse / Behavioral Health preferred but not required
- Ability to utilize Electronic Medical Records (EMR) for patient charting, medical necessity
Salary dependent on relevant experience and aptitude.
Full benefit package.
Michelle Robertson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.