The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We provide day activity programs and at-home care designed to promote independence and personal development.
An experienced lead is needed to assist in overseeing residential services for adults who have disabilities. This is a great opportunity to positively impact the lives of the people we serve. The Apartment Lead ensures that all aspects of the residential program are performed according to standard and that residents' physical, medical, and social needs are met.
Schedule: Full-time; Afternoons, evenings, and weekends; Required to be on call at least two nights per week and as needed according to the schedule.
Starting Salary: $11.50 per hour plus opportunity for wage increase at 90 days and $500 signing bonus available
The Apartment Lead fulfills the following duties
-Teaches and trains individuals receiving services to do as much as they can for themselves.
-Creates weekly menus and completes grocery shopping in accordance with the menu.
- Indirectly supervises 5-7 employees in the assigned Residential section.
- Routinely trains staff members on data collection, menu planners, medication logs, and all other job requirements.
- Schedules and assures adherence to all daily routines and activities for individuals receiving services.
-Implements programs such as community and home based activities, money management including creating a list of needs and wants for the individuals receiving services, spend down shopping, and maintains petty cash fund.
- High school training/education and at least one year of higher education. Two to five years related experience in the human services field. Education may be substituted on a two for one basis.
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Utah driver license and a good driving record
- An associates or bachelor’s degree related to human or social services
- Prior experience supervising a team of employees
This is a full-time position with benefits, including paid time off, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, and insurance benefits: medical, dental, and life. The ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
Apply online at www.workactivitycenter.org/work-at-the-center/ OR You may apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119. Be sure to include title in your application: Residential Apartment Lead.