The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center dedicated to enriching the lives of adults who have physical and cognitive disabilities. We are seeking a part or full-time addition to our employment services division where we provide supported employment opportunities and job skills training.
The Job Coach trains and coaches clients in the performance of their production work, encouraging them and assisting them in reaching their individual goals. The Job Coach inspects the work produced by program participants, evaluates their abilities, and assists them in their efforts to obtain employment. This is a rewarding opportunity to serve people in the community and assist with facilitating production projects that provide job skills development for our program participants.
Part-time position with a flexible schedule (day, afternoon, nights, and some of the hours need to be on the weekends) working up to 30 hours per week.
Starting rate of pay: $11.00 per hour plus $500 signing bonus
- Actively teach and train program participants to complete job tasks to the level of satisfaction required by the employer
- Assist program participants with developing skills and tools needed to apply for jobs
- Evaluate job opportunities and identifies job openings for which participants may apply based on their skills abilities
- Assist participants with all aspects of applying for job opportunities preparing for job interviews
- Provide support after a job is obtained to ensure success in learning the job responsibilities, acclimating to the work environment, and adequately performing the required duties in order to maintain employment
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, kneel and bend at the waist, and lift at least 50 pounds
- Positive personality, excellent attendance, and work history which demonstrates dependability.
- Valid Utah driver license and clean driving record
- Experience working in human services field or production industry
Apply online at www.workactivitycenter.org/work-at-the-center/ or in person at the Work Activity Center (1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119). Please include job title: Job Coach.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.