The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We are seeking a director over our programs and services. This Director is responsible for assuring that all programmatic services achieve the mission of the Work Activity Center. They also assure that employee training programs equip staff with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to deliver high quality services.
Status: Full- time
Compensation: $50,000-55,000+ DOE plus benefits that include medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Schedule: This is an administrative position which requires flexibility-primarily the work is during day hours but some evening and weekend could occur.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, implements programmatic aspects of the Center’s strategic plan approved by the board of Trustees
- Establishes short and long term goals and objectives and implements strategies for achieving those goals and objectives so that the Center is constantly improving the quality of its programs.
- Identifies and communicates to direct subordinates the expectations for the quality of the programs that they oversee.
- Oversees the work of direct subordinates to assure that the programs they supervise are in keeping with the Center’s mission, operate according to policy and procedure, and meet the needs of individual program participants.
- Assures that the Center is prepared to demonstrate services to new clients and that appropriate strategies are used to showcase the Center’s quality programs in an effort to attract new clients.
- Knows and understands contractual requirements and government regulations and assures that mid-level management are trained, knowledgeable, and operate in compliance to these requirements and regulations.
- Assess, evaluates, and critiques Center programs, identifies weaknesses and strengths, and implements strategies for eliminating weaknesses and capitalizing on strengths.
- Effectively selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates direct subordinates, and assures the effective selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of indirect subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of management experience
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Driving requirements including being 21 years old, having a valid Utah Driver’s License, a clean driving record, and a reliable personal transportation
- Must submit to a drug test and a background check
- Throughout the duration of your shift, must be able to stand and walk, sit, bend at the waist, kneel, and frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds or ¼ of body weight.
Apply now at www.workactivitycenter.org/work-at-the-center OR Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119.