Direct Care Training Adults with Disabilities
Do you have a PASSION for HELPING PEOPLE? Do you want to be part of an amazing team of direct caregivers? Come join us at The Work Activity Center and make a real difference in the lives of people with disabilities. We provide services day and night so pick the shift that works best for your schedule: days, evenings, graveyards, and weekends, full-time, part-time. We have shifts that meet your needs. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
Starting pay: $10.50 per hour plus opportunity for wage increase at 90 days
$500 signing bonus available for these positions
Shifts: Weekdays: Monday-Friday, pt/ft shifts between the hrs of 6 am- 4 pm (varies on position)
Weekends (Saturday and Sunday): pt/ft shifts available 8 am-3 pm weekend day, 3-10 pm swing shifts, or 10 pm- 6 or 8 am graveyards
Weeknights (Monday- Friday): pt/ft shifts available 3-10 pm swing shifts, 10 pm- 6 or 8 am graveyards
The Work Activity Center provides support services and learning opportunities for adults with intellectual disabilities by helping them develop life, social, and job skills. We are seeking energetic, cheerful individuals to assist adults with developmental disabilities in all aspects of daily living. Come earn a well-deserved paycheck and join a company that does fulfilling work by helping others reach their potential.
Our full time employees receive the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement - Residential care staff who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for up to $500 of tuition reimbursement per semester
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Need a stable work history and record of excellent attendance and dependability
- Must be in good physical condition and able to stand for long periods, kneel, bend at the waist, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
-Preferred to have a valid Utah driver's license, and a good driving record.
-No Experience necessary! Work Activity Center provides ongoing training to help you excel in your position
Please apply online at www.workactivitycenter.org/work-at-the-center/ Or Apply in person at 1275 W 2320 S, West Valley City, UT 84119.
Discussion channel for insightful chat about our events, news, and activities.